- Louis Brown, S. Chilenski, Rebeca Ramos, Nora Gallegos and M. Feinberg 2016 Community Prevention Coalition Context and Capacity Assessment: Comparing the United States and Mexico Health Education & Behavior Vol. 43(2) 145–155
- Judith Bernstein, Edward Bernstein, Dantia Hudson, Candice Belanof, Howard Cabral, Cheryl Cherpitel, Jason Bond, Robert Woolard, Susana Villalobos and Rebeca Ramos. Differences by Gender at twelve months in a brief intervention trial among Mexican – origin young adults in the emergency department in the Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse January 2016
- Breastfeeding: A View from the Border Rosalba Ruiz-Holguin. Breastfeeding Medicine Volume 11, Number 8, 2016 @ Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.DOI: 10.1089/bfm.2016.0109
- de Cosio GF, Diaz Apodaca B, Ruiz- Holguin R, Lara A, Castillo-Salgado C, United States- Mexico Border Diabetes Prevalence Survey: lessons learned from implementation of the project Rev. Panm Salud Publica 2010, 28(3): 151-8.
- Canela-Soler J, Frontini M, Cerqueira M, Ruiz-Holguin R, Diaz-Apodaca B, Cooperacion Trans-fronteiza en investigacion sobre diabetes mellitus tipo 2: Mexico-Estados Unidos. Rev. Panm Salud Publica 2010, 28(3): 159-63.
- Diaz-Apodaca B, Ebrahim S, McCormack V, de
Cosio GF, Ruiz-Holguin R. Prevalence
of type 2 diabetes and impared fasting glucose: cross-sectional study of
multiethnic adult population at the United States- Mexico border. Rev. Panm
Salud Publica 2010, 28(3): 174-81.
- Pasa La Voz Guía Temática
- Ramos, R., Ferreira-Pinto JB., Brouwer KC., Ramos ME, Lozada RM., Firestone-Cruz M. &. Strathdee, SA. (2009). A tale of two cities: Social and Environmental Influences Shaping Risk Factors and Protective Behaviors in two Mexico-US Border Cities. Health and Place. PMCID: PMC2735581
- Patricia Volkow, Kimberly C. Brouwer, Oralia Loza, Rebeca Ramos, Remedios Lozada, Richard S. Garfein, Carlos Magis-Rodriguez, Michelle Firestone-Cruz, Steffanie A. Strathdee (2009) Cross-border paid plasma donation among injection drug users in two Mexico–U.S. border cities International Journal of Drug PolicyVolume 20, Issue 5, September, Pages 409–412
- Robin A. Pollini, Kimberly C. Brouwer, Remedios M. Lozada, Rebeca Ramos, Michelle F. Cruz, Carlos Magis-Rodriguez, Patricia Case Scott Burris, Simon D. W. Frost, Lawrence A. Palinkas, Cari Miller, Steffanie A. Strathdee (2008) Syringe possession arrests are associated with receptive syringe sharing in two Mexico–US border cities Addiction Volume 103, Issue 1, pages 101–108, January
- Case, P., Ramos, R., Brouwer, K.C., Firestone-Cruz, M., Pollini, R.A., & Strathdee, S.A., Fraga, & Patterson, T.L., (2008). At the Borders, On the Edge: Use of Injected Methamphetamine in Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. J. Immigrant and Minority Health. PMCID: PMC2716800
- Morgan Philbin, Robin A. Pollini, Rebeca Ramos, Remedios Lozada, Kimberly C. Brouwer, Maria Elena Ramos, Michelle Firestone-Cruz, Patricia Case, Steffanie A. Strathdee Shooting Gallery Attendance among IDUs in Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico: Correlates, Prevention Opportunities, and the Role of the Environment AIDS and Behavior July 2008, Volume 12, Issue 4, pp 552-560
- Cari L. Miller, Michelle Firestone, Rebeca Ramos, Scott Burris, Maria Elena Ramos, Patricia Case, Kimberly C. Brouwer, Miguel Angel Fraga, Steffanie A. Strathdee (2008) Injecting drug users’ experiences of policing practices in two Mexican–U.S. border cities: Public health perspectives International Journal of Drug Policy Volume 19, Issue 4 , Pages 324-331, August
- Emily Faye White, Richard S. Garfein, Kimberly C Brouwer, Remedios Lozada, Rebeca Ramos, Michelle Firestone-Cruz, Saida G Pérez, Carlos Magis-Rodríguez, Steffanie A Strathdee (2007) Prevalence of hepatitis C virus and HIV infection among injection drug users in two Mexican cities bordering the U.S Salud pública Méx vol.49 n.3 Cuernavaca May./Jul.
- Cruz MF, Mantsios A, Ramos R, Case P, Brouwer KC, Ramos ME, Fraga WD, Latkin CA,
Miller CL, Strathdee SA. (2007) A Qualitative Exploration of Gender in the
Context of Injection Drug Use in two US Mexico Border Cities. AIDS Behavior. 11: 253 – 262. PMCID:
- Sexual Transmission of HCV Among Injection Drug Users and their
Non-Injecting Sex Partners in the U.S.-Mexico Border Region
10th National Harm Reduction Conference
- Ramos, Rebeca Lilia (R.L.), Rivera, E., Ferreira-Pinto, J.B., & Vera, B., (2005) A Transcultural Approach to Peer Case Management: A Case Control Study of Cost Effectiveness. Journal of HIV/AIDS and Social Services. 5 (2). Also published as a chapter in: Herman Curiel and Helen Land (2006) Outreach and Care Approaches to HIV/AIDS along the US Mexico Border. 8: 139 - 158.
- Case Control Study of Cost Effectiveness. Journal of HIV/AIDS and Social Services. 5 (2). Also published as a chapter in: Herman Curiel and Helen Land (2006) Outreach and Care Approaches to HIV/AIDS along the US Mexico Border. 8: 139 - 158.
- Ramos, RL., Hernandez, A., Ferreira-Pinto, J.B., Ortiz, M., & Somerville, G.G., (2005) Promovision: Designing a Promotores Capacity-Building Program. Health Promotion Practice. 7 (4): 444 - 449.
- Ramos, RL., & Ferreira-Pinto, JB., (2002) A Model for Organizational and Community Capacity-Building in AIDS Prevention Programs. AIDS Education and Prevention. May 14 (3): 196 – 205.
- Scherer, JA., Ferreira-Pinto, JB., Ramos, RL., Homedes, N., (2001) Measuring Readiness for Change in Two Northern Border Mexican Communities. Border Health. 6(1): 35 - 41.
Nora, and Haydée Rosovsky. "Substance use and
HIV/AIDS: Mexican overview." Global
Research Network Meeting on HIV Prevention in Drug-Using Populations. Geneva.
- Ramos, RL., Ferreira-Pinto, J.B., & Ramos, M.E., (1998) Violence Toward Women on the Northern Border of Mexico: A Paper on Gangs and Drug Subculture. In C. De Agostini (Ed.). With Desire to Live… a life without violence it is our right. United Nations. Mexico City, Mexico. 111 - 122.
- Ramos RL., Ferreira-Pinto, J.B., & Ramos, M.E., (1998) Alternative Approaches in Heroin Treatment and AIDS Prevention Among Youth in a Mexican Border City. In G. Powers, & T. Byrd (Eds.) Border Health: Research and Practice on the US-Mexico Border. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications104-124.
- Joao B.
Ferreira-Pinto, Rebeca L. Ramos,
Alberto Mata(1997) Dangerous relationships: effects of early exposure to
violence in women's lives Free Inquiry in Creative Sociology Vol 25 No. 1
- Free Online Medical Journals: Search Abstracts HIV Prevention on the U.S.-Mexico Border
- HCV and HIV Counseling and Testing Integration in California: An Innovative Approach to Increase HIV Counseling and Testing Rates
- Summary of Regional Consultation on Health Promotion and the Provision of Care to Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) in Latin America and the Caribbean. Pan American Health Organization.
- Leveraging Community Health Workers In Low Resource Health Delivery Systems HFES
- Sexual Transmission of HCV Among Injection Drug Users and their Non-Injecting Sex Partners in the U.S.-Mexico Border Region
- Pasa La Voz Guía Temática
- Loza, Oralia, Rebeca Ramos, Joao B. Ferreira Pinto, Maria Teresa Hernandez and Susana Villalobos. (2015) A Qualitative Exploration of Perceived Gender Differences in Methamphetamine Use among Women who use Methamphetamine on the Mexico US Border in the Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse Routledge Publishers
- Oralia Loza, Joao B. Ferreira Pinto, Rebeca Ramos, and Maria Elena Ramos. (2015) Gender Differences in Methamphetamine use in a Mexico US Border City In Drug and Alcohol Dependence October
- Rebeca Ramos, Joao B. Ferreira Pinto and Oralia Loza. (2015) A Navigator Approach to Improve Quality of Care among Vulnerable Populations in the Journal of International Association of Providers of AIDS Care 14(6) August.
- Madhabika B. Nayak, Jason C. Bond, Cheryl J. Cherpitel, Robert Woolard, Edward Bernstein, Judith Bernstein, Susana Villalobos and Rebeca Ramos (2015) Readiness to Change and to Accept Help and Drinking Outcomes in Young Adults of Mexican Origin in the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs Vol 76 Issue 4
- Robert Woolard, Jiayang Liu, Michael Parsa, Garrett Merriman, Patrick Tarwater, Israel Alba, Susana Villalobos, Rebeca Ramos, Judith Bernstein, Edward Bernstein, Jason Bond & Cheryl J. Cherpitel (2014) Smoking is Associated with Increased Risk of Binge Drinking in a Young Adult Hispanic Population at the US Mexico Border. In Substance Abuse Volume 36, Issue 3, 2015 pages 318-324
- Cherpitel, Cheryl, Robert Woolard, Jason Bond, Ed Bernstein, Judith Bernstein, Susana Villalobos and Rebeca Ramos (2014) Smoking is Associated with Increased Risk of Binge Drinking in a Young Adult Hispanic Population at the U.S. - Mexico Border (accepted for publication) by Substance Abuse
- Parsa, M., Liu, K, Tarwater, P., Cherpitel, C., Woolard, R., Bernstein, E., Bernstein, J., Ramos, Rebeca, Bond J., Villalobos S., and Alva, I. (2013) Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) in an emergency department; three month outcomes of a randomized control trial among Mexican origin young adults. In Addiction Science and Clinical Practice 8 (suppl 1)
- Cherpitel, Cheryl, Robert Woolard, Jason Bond, Ed Bernstein, Judith Bernstein, Susana Villalobos and Rebeca Ramos (2013) Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) in an emergency department; three month outcomes of a randomized control trial among Mexican origin young adults. In Addiction Science and Clinical Practice 8 (suppl 1)
- Eva Moya, Guillermina Solis, Rebeca Ramos, Mark Lusk and Carliene Quist (2013) US Mexico Border: Challenges and Opportunities in Rural and Border Health pp 303-334 in Rural Nursing Concepts, Theory and Practice. Springer
- Oralia Loza, Leilani Attilio, Rebeca Ramos, Maria Elena Ramos Rodriguez, Jorge Duque (2013) Sexual transmission of hepatitis c virus (HCV) among IDUs and their non-injecting APHA
- Diaz-Kenney, RV., Ruiz-Holguin R., de Cosio FG., Ramos R. (2011). A Historical Overview of the United States – Mexico Border Diabetes Prevention and Control Project in the Pan American Journal of Public Health. Vol.28 No.3 pp143-150. PMCID: PMC Journal
- Ramos, R., Ferreira Pinto JB., Rusch, MLA., & Ramos, ME. (2010). Pasa la Voz (Spread the Word): Using Women’s Social Networks for HIV Education/Testing. Public Health Reports Vol. 125 Number 4, pp 528-533. PMCID: PMC2882603
- Ramos, R., Lorenza N. Green NL., & Shulman LC. (2009). Pasa la Voz: Using Participant Driven Interventions to Increase Access to and Utilization of HIV Prevention and Testing Services. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. Vol 20, Num. 1 pp 29-35. PMCID: PMC Journal – In Process.
- Deiss, R., Brouwer, K., Ramos, R., Lozada, RM., Patterson, T., Heckathorn, D.D., & Strathdee, S. (2008) High Risk Sexual and Drug Using Behaviors among Male Injection Drug Users Who Have Sex with Men in Two Mexico-U.S. Border Cities. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Vol. 35, No. 1. PMCID: PMC2391275
- Baumback Joan, Foster L, Firestone-Cruz M, Arbona S, Melville S, Ramos R and Stradhee S. (2008) Seroprevalence of select bloodborne pathogens and associated risk behaviors among injection drug users in the Paso del Norte Region of the US Mexico Border Harm Reduction Journal 5:33 November
- Moyer LB, Brouwer KC, Brodine SK, Ramos R, Lozada R, Cruz MF, Magis-Rodriguez C, Strathdee SA. (2008) Barriers and missed opportunities to HIV testing among injection drug users in two Mexico-U.S. border cities. Drug and Alcohol Review. In press, 27, 39-45. PMCID: PMC2196215
- Frost SD, Brouwer KC, Ramos R, Ramos ME, Lozada R, Magis-Rodriguez C, Strathdee SA. (2006) Respondent driven sampling of IDU in two U.S.-México border cities: recruitment dynamics and impact on estimates of HIV/STI. Journal of Urban Health 83(6 Suppl): i83-97.PMCID: PMC1705507